One of the biggest sporting events of every summer is finally here. Wimbledon has started and for a lot of us that means picking up a racquet and playing again. The level of skills won’t be the same as professionals but the enthusiasm will.
As great as it is a lot of you will be exercising I urge you to take caution. Coming from a chiropractor in Southend my advice to you is to control your enthusiasm and look after yourself because if you don’t you might end up injuring and hurting yourself.
Common tennis injuries are;
- Tennis elbow
- Wrist strain
- Back pain
- Tendonitis of the shoulders and Knees
As a leading chiropractor in Southend I often advise my patients on sporting injuries. I often advise my clients to;
- Warm up and stretch – It is one of the best things you can do to avoid sporting injuries. Make sure you ease your body in to exercise or you could risk pulling a muscle and suffering some a lot of aches.
- Monitor and listen to your body – Your body lets you know how you are going. If you are feeling sore and pains in certain areas take a rest and monitor the situation.
- Keep hydrated – We all know the importance of hydration to our survival but it is all too easy to forget when playing tennis. Make sure you take a few sips of water every time you have a break in play. Not only will it keep you healthy it will help your performance greatly.
If you feel like you need any further advice or a one-to-one session at Cliffs Chiropractic clinic to help with any sporting injuries during Wimbledon and the rest of the summer then contact us on 01702 430430 or email us at info@CliffsChiro.co.uk
At Cliffs Chiropractors in Southend we offer care with a proven effective treatment. Our package of care includes;
- Medical acupuncture
- Remedial massage
- Nutrition and lifestyle advice
Our main aim as a clinic is to find your underlying cause or problem and to find the long term solution to solve it. Essentially we aim to find it and then to fix it.
We use our years of training and expertise to provide natural treatment and fast effective relief for many problems such as; neck pains, arthritis, joint pains, muscle spasms and chronic low back pains.
At our busy Chiropractors in Southend you can pop in for a chat or a one-to-one session to help find the root cause of your problems. Contact us on 01702 430430 or email us at info@CliffsChiro.co.uk
The Football World Cup in Brazil has been a fantastic occasion so far. It is one of the biggest shows on Earth. There have been some amazing games and unexpected results which has kept a lot of us, including myself glued to the screen. With up to 3 matches a day at the moment there is a lot for us to watch. As great as it is having all this football viewing, there is a slight risk to your health, bad posture.
Unfortunately for most of us we won’t be able to physically attend any live matches in Brazil. Instead we are likely to be stuck inside and sat on our couches for up to 3 matches in a row. As bad as missing out on the carnival and glorious sunshine is, my main concern as a leading Chiropractor in Southend is your posture.
If you aren’t sat properly it can lead to back pains and other bodily pains. Being a busy Southend Chiropractor it is my duty to offer my advice to patients to avoid any potential problems. So to enjoy the feast of football without damaging your body my advice to you is;
- Get up and walk around at half time – Sitting in one place or position for too long is not good for your body and health. So when half time comes get up and make yourself a cup of tea or glass of water. Stretch all your stiff muscles and joints and walk around.
- Ensure you are sat correctly – Don’t slouch. Make sure your body weight is supported by the couch as much as possible and don’t put any strain on one particular area (such as your neck).
- Ensure the TV angle is right for you – Don’t sit one way and constantly turn your head to watch the TV. Make sure you have the TV in front of you to avoid any unnecessary strain on your neck.
If you feel like you need any further advice or a one-to-one session to avoid any back and neck pains during the world cup then please contact us at the Cliffs Chiropractic Clinic on 01702 430430 or email us at info@CliffsChiro.co.uk
There are many reasons that cause back pain and at Cliffs Chiropractor Southend our team of highly experienced chiropractors see many causes every day. However, we are often struck by how it comes as quite a surprise to many of our patients that simple everyday actions can have such an impact on their back.
Here are four common causes that cause back pain and you could very well be falling foul of at least one of these and putting your back in jeopardy:
• Sitting while a passive activity can do untold damage to back. Whether it’s at your desk, at home slouched on the sofa or sitting in your car sitting puts more pressure on your back than standing!
• Carrying heavy bags – increasingly women are carrying larger handbags and the growth of men bags highlights that the age of technology means we have more things to carry.
• High heels can be a killer on your feet but they can seriously impact your back.
• And finally smoking. We don’t know why yet but according to a Finnish review undertaken in 2010, smokers are about a third more likely to have lower-back pain.
If you’re suffering back pain then why not call Cliffs Chiropractor Southend and make an appointment to get help from one of our highly experienced team of chiropractors.
If you’re still scratching your head for the perfect gift for your Dad this coming Father’s Day why not let Cliffs Chiropractor Southend help you out.
Every Dad deserves a bit of TLC and that’s what our team at Cliffs Chiropractor Southend do best. Dad doesn’t have to be ‘in pain’ to benefit from a visit, however, if he is in pain or discomfort then there could be nothing better for him than a visit with us.
We offer a range of services including:
With one week to go before Father’s Day why not call us at Cliffs Chiropractor Southend and ask our friendly reception team to organise a Gift Voucher for you to give your Dad.
PS If you’re a Dad yourself then why not drop some hints to receive some gift vouchers from Cliffs Chiropractor Southend for yourself.