Winter weather can be magical. Nothing quite creates that warm and fuzzy feeling like snuggling up on the sofa as the sparkling snowdrops sprinkle against the windows. Every roof top is coated with chunky carpets of dazzling snow and every twiggy branch on every twiggy tree is dressed to match.
Ahh, winter …such a beautiful time of year – until you step outside!
Our award winning Chiropractor in Southend warns that although we like to imagine the colder months being as perfect as the front of a Christmas card, the reality is often much different. Treacherously icy roads and pavements mean that we are at a much higher risk of injuries caused by slipping and even our ‘ice walk’ positions (we’ve all done it!) can be as hazardous to our back health as the winter weather itself.
Our experienced Southend chiropractor suggests the following to stay safe this winter:
- Buy footwear with large, raised treads on the sole.
- Wear warm clothing that allows you to move freely.
- Keep your hands out of your pockets (wear gloves instead) so that you can use your arms to maintain better balance.
- Pay attention to parts of the ground that have been in a shadow or under trees as there is more likely to be black ice in these areas.
- If you fall, stay relaxed and curl up and ‘roll’ with the fall. This will lessen any pain you may feel by minimising the jarring effect on your body.
To book an appointment with our dedicated team of chiropractors, contact Cliffs Chiropractor Southend on 01702 430430.