How many of us after Christmas couldn’t do with helping our bodies to overcome the toxic overload and giving them a spring clean in the New Year?
Here is a plan which if you follow for 14 days will make you feel more energetic, less tired, aid digestion and improve your complexion.
Every day life exposes us to a lot of chemicals and toxins that put extra stress on our bodies on a daily basis. We have a great system for dealing with the onslaught, and that’s the liver. It is responsible for processing all our rubbish, both what we ingest and what is made in our bodies. But we need to make sure that it is working properly, by giving it all the materials it needs to function to its best ability. Your liver relies on some essential nutrients, amino acids, antioxidants, vitamins and minerals. If the process is put under pressure the system becomes unbalanced and the liver will be unable to effectively eliminate all the toxins.
This can lead to symptoms of toxic overload, which may include:
• Allergies and sensitivities (often to things that previously didn’t cause a problem)
• Aches and pains
• Memory and concentration problems
• Skin rashes
Day 1 – 3
- Drink 2 litres of water a day
- No red meat, no alcohol, no products containing white flour. Try and reduce your sugar intake.
- Eat a lot of vegetables the wider the variety of colours the better.
- Eat little and often rather than large meals and don’t eat anything after 8.00pm
- Foods to aid the liver include:
- Broccoli, cabbage and watercress, romaine lettuce, chicory, celery, parsley and asparagus
- Antioxidant rich, vibrantly coloured fruits and vegetables, such as berries.
- Take Vitamin C 1000mg a day.
Days 4 – 7
Keep following the above diet but add 2 glasses of carrot or beet juice (available at supermarkets). These will support the liver and they are full of nutrients.
- Reduce exposure to toxins further by moderating consumption of:
- Caffeine, including cola and chocolate
- Refined sugars
- Food additives
- Take a good quality probiotic daily for a month.
Days 8 – 14
You should be feeling less tired by now and sleeping better.
Add the occasional portion of red meat to your diet if you feel the need. High quality proteins, such as pulses, nuts and seeds are great for helping you feel full. If you are hungry eat six nuts at a time and wait 20 mins before eating anything else.
Drink green tea regularly, catechins from green tea are thought to boost liver detoxification pathways. They are also potent antioxidants. Dandelion, turmeric and milk thistle are all herbs that help boost the liver’s detoxification process.
After 14 days if you stick with only one idea then do drink more water on a daily basis, you will feel lighter, brighter and happier.
The Team at Cliffs Chiropractor Southend on Sea
And the surrounding areas including Westcliff, Leigh-on-Sea,
Rayleigh, Hockley, Canvey Island, Hadleigh, Rochford and Hullbridge