On Thursday 3d July, Arif Soomro, Melanie Cutting ,staff, family with over 120 guests were treated to pink champagne and canapés. Dignitaries attending the event included His Worshipful The Mayor of Southend Mr. Chris Walker and Mayoress of Southend, Sir Teddy and Lady Taylor, Phil Brown the manager of Southend United Football team patients and members of the local business community.
It was a joyful occasion, the weather was hot and sunny and the small marque was packed with people all relating their success stories about their experience of the clinic.
Arif’s speech was heartfelt and moving giving thanks to the many who have helped the clinic on its way; parents, colleagues,staff including the marvellous reception team, the business community and most significantly the patients.
We are celebrating not 20 yrs of being in practice but 20 yrs of following our dream, to heal and improve the lives of as many people as we can…we exist because of you and for you…we feel proud and privileged.
Afterwards there was hardly a dry eye in the guests. Arif explained the vision of the clinic which is shared by all the team, including Paramjit Nandhra who has been with Arif and Melanie driving the clinic forward for nearly 10 years,
…to be the gold standard for patient car in what we do in the field of musculo-skeletal medicine by serving our patients and staff as we would wish to be treated.
Among their achievements that Cliffs Chiropractic Clinic can list:
- Being Southend’s oldest clinic.
- The first UK chiropractic clinic to install computer radiography (even before many hospitals including Southend).
- One of the first clinics to have organised child screenings.
- To be one of only 2 chiropractic clinics in England and Wales to be registered with and accountable to the Care Quality Commission (CQC) .
- To awarded the PPQM in 2012 and the CMQM in 2013 by the Royal College of Chiropractic for patient services and clinical governance.
- To be awarded in 2014 the “What Clinic” Customer Service Award.
- To achieve at Fryerning and Ingatestone RC Junior school a back care strategy that included a bi-daily exercise routine and installing ergonomic desks and seats that were individually adjustable to each child.
- Supported Trinity local junior football team providing them with a full team strip.
Arif finished his speech by quoting from the founder of chiropractic,
It is better to light one candle than curse the darkness. You never know how much you think say or do today can effect the lives of millions tomorrow…
Sir Teddy made a sincere and touching reply telling of the many good stories he had heard about the clinic in the 20 years since he had opened it in 1994. Councillor Chris Walker also delivered a speech with great humour.
The event was commemorated with the unveiling of a life saving defibrillator that will not only be available within the clinic but also to the wider local community.