X-Rays & MRI At Cliffs Chiropractic Southend
State-of-the-art technology at Cliffs Chiropractic Clinic. Both X-rays and MRI are used by our experienced team of chiropractors to diagnose your condition.
Our x-ray facility is on site and housed the U.K.’s first computerised digital x-ray imaging system in a chiropractic clinic. Together with 100Hz technology this allows lower dosage radiation and higher quality images that you will be shown. Unique in the area; we have our own radiographers and are Care Quality Commission (CQC) Registered.
Strict guidelines govern the use of x-rays and if recommended by your chiropractor, it is with good reason.
X-rays are taken when necessary to complete your diagnosis and provide a valuable insight into your body. Chiropractors are trained to both take and read these radiographic images.
X-Rays help to:
- rule out serious conditions
- allow an accurate view of your spinal posture, view the current state of your spine and see degrees of osteo-arthritic change
- give an insight to past injuries
- exclude contra-indications to treatment and visualize fractures
- show the patient their own spine/joints as part of their health education
- determine the choice of treatment technique
- monitor the health of your spine and effectiveness of treatment
- assess other aspects of your general health
MRI (Magnetic Resonance and Imaging)
Another visualising tool and service we provide is MRI . Patients can be referred to facilities both locally and in London at specially negotiated rates usually within the week. This includes options for ‘open’ and ‘standing’ MRI scans.